The DSP Applications Engineer works with customers to ensure successful deployment, integration, and use of DSP Concepts’ software products including our popular Voice User Interface algorithm suite.
The primary responsibilities for the Applications Engineer are:
- Supporting customer integration of our Voice UI solutions via engineer-to-engineer interactions on-site, by phone, and in our online forum
- Developing enhancements to our DSP solutions enabling easier integration and debugging of customer problems
- Envisioning and developing collateral material to help make our products easier to learn.
- This includes developing and communicating reference audio processing designs and refining formal product documentation
- Testing customer products and verifying that they meet expected performance criteria.
- Designing and conducting internal hardware/software tests to ensure the quality of the device before customer delivery
- Documenting software, solutions, and building upon our internal knowledge base.
- Travel to customer sites may be required up to 1 week every 2 months.
- Supporting customers in different time zones (Europe and Asia). You may have to adjust your working hours to accommodate
Beyond these responsibilities you will have the latitude to grow professionally and apply yourself in many domains. As the team and business grow, so will the responsibilities.
The ideal candidate will have most of the following qualifications:
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong coding skills in C, Matlab, and Python
- Experience with real-time embedded-software development
- Experience evaluating audio system performance and test methodologies
- Master’s Degree or a Bachelor’s Degree + 5 years experience with a focus on embedded SW, audio/acoustics, and DSP theory
- Machine Learning experience is a plus
- Ability to work well in a team environment