The DSP Applications Engineer works with customers to ensure successful deployment, integration, and use of DSP Concepts’ software products including our popular Voice User Interface algorithm suite. The primary responsibilities for DSP Applications Engineer are:
- Supporting customer integration of our Voice UI solutions via engineer-to-engineer interactions on-site, by phone, and in our online forum.
- Developing enhancements to our solutions enabling easier integration and debugging of customer problems.
- Envisioning and developing collateral material to help make our products easier to learn. This includes developing and communicating reference audio processing designs and refining formal product documentation.
- Testing customer products and verifying that they meet expected performance criteria.
Beyond these responsibilities you will have the latitude to grow professionally and apply yourself in many domains. As the team and business grows, so will the responsibilities of this candidate.
This position is based in our Santa Clara, CA office and will require occasional domestic or international travel. DSP Concepts offers a full suite of benefits including 401K, dental and medical benefits.
The ideal candidate would have the following qualifications:
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong coding skills in C, Matlab, and Python
- Demonstrated experience with real-time embedded-software development
- Experience with software development under Linux
- Experience evaluating audio system performance and test methodologies
- Minimum Bachelor degree with a focus on embedded SW, audio/acoustics, and DSP theory Masters degree preferred
- A creative, continuous learner, with a passion for music/audio and technology
- A strong desire to make a difference; to make your mark on a product and a general dissatisfaction with the status quo
- Ability to work well in a team environment