This position is for an Audio Software Engineer within DSP Concepts' Automotive Group. We help our customers to develop OEM automotive amplifiers, head units and other similar audio processing products. Position will consist of working as part of a software development team supporting Audio Weaver on embedded automotive platforms. In this role, the Audio SW Engineer will develop and optimize signal flows and design complete audio systems in close cooperation with our customers.
- The engineer will be responsible for developing software and audio signal flows in Audio Weaver.
- Participates in internal and customer driven design reviews throughout the program.
- Work with global development teams to support the software development activities.
- Communicate and interface directly to the OEM customers.
- Identifies product requirements or performance issues.
- Work with external teams as necessary to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Communicate with peers inside DSP Concepts to coordinate software development. This includes occasional travel for training or coordination with other groups.
- Works with the customer to further define requirements and to resolve issues.
- Optimize Audio Signal Flows in terms of CPU load and memory consumption
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent.
- Passion for audio and/or music.
- 2+ years of DSP software development using C/C++, Python or other languages.
- Basic experience and knowledge about MATLAB including the signal processing tool box
- Signal processing knowledge (analog and digital).
- Experienced in developing and debugging software in a real-time, embedded, multiprocessor, multi-interface environment.
- Familiarity with bug tracking systems such as JIRA and version control systems such as Bitbucket.
- The engineer must be capable of analyzing specifications and verifying functionalities.
- Working knowledge of software development tools (debugger's, emulators, compilers, etc.).
- Able to use oscilloscope and alike for troubleshooting.
- Working knowledge of software development processes.
- Experience with “Audio Weaver”.
- Used to work under project schedules.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in German and English language.
- Capable project management and time management skills.
- Ability to read schematics and debug analog and digital hardware.