DSP Concepts (www.dspconcepts.com) is a leading provider of audio signal processing technology for a broad range of product areas. Our technologies enable key new product features in products like voice enabled speakers and high fidelity car audio systems. Through our Audio Weaver suite of software products and our extensive library of audio signal processing algorithms, we enable our customers to quickly develop, integrate and deploy advanced audio features into new products.
DSP Concepts fosters a creative, challenging, and supportive work environment with a focus on professional growth. Teamwork, technical acumen, customer interaction and strong communication are part of the culture here.
We are seeking an audio test engineer to help us write the next chapter of our success story.
The audio test engineer interacts with product development and application groups to test and validate the DSP Concepts’ software solutions on various customers’ hardware platforms based on the industry’s test criteria. The primary responsibilities for this position are:
- Understanding Alexa Voice Service, Google Voice Assistant, and Voice Communication standard test criteria as well as customers’ requirements.
- Testing customer products and verifying that they meet expected performance criteria.
- Designing test plans and developing test automation.
- Supporting product development and application engineering groups by running, analyzing, and interpreting the tests and identifying problems and issues.
- Documenting test plans, procedures, and results.
Beyond these responsibilities you will have the latitude to grow professionally and apply yourself in many domains. As the team and business grows, so will the responsibilities of this candidate.
This position is based in our Santa Clara, CA office and will require occasional domestic or international travel. DSP Concepts offers a full suite of benefits including 401K, dental and medical benefits.
The ideal candidate would have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in CS, EE, Audio Engineering, or other related engineering field with 2+ years experience in a relevant field
- Familiar with C, Matlab, and Python, and other test scripting languages and tools
- Experience measuring performance of voice communication systems
- Should be familiar with general audio concepts and systems
- Experience using head & torso simulator
- Experience using audio analyzers such as Audio Precision or Prism DScope
- Knowledge of industry standard voice comm specs (ITU, ETSI) is highly desired
- Hands-on experience using ACQUA based test setup is a plus
- Analytical skills, Decision making ability, and Attention to details
- Experience developing test automation scripts
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team as well as individual