We are seeking an Audio Test Engineer to help us write the next chapter of our success story. The audio test engineer interacts with product development and application groups to test and validate the DSP Concepts’ software solutions on various customers’ hardware platforms based on the industry’s test criteria.
The primary responsibilities for the Audio Test Engineer are:
- Understanding Alexa Voice Service, Google Voice Assistant, and Voice Communication standard test criteria as well as customers’ requirements.
- Testing customer products and verifying that they meet expected performance criteria.
- Designing test plans and developing test automation.
- Supporting product development and application engineering groups by running, analyzing, and interpreting the tests and identifying problems and issues.
- Documenting test plans, procedures, and results.
Beyond these responsibilities you will have the latitude to grow professionally and apply yourself in many domains. As the team and business grow, so will the responsibilities.
The ideal candidate would have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in CS, EE, Audio Engineering, or other related engineering field with 2+ years experience
- Familiar with C, Matlab, and Python, and other test scripting languages and tools
- Experience measuring performance of voice communication systems
- Experience using head & torso simulator
- Experience using audio analyzers such as Audio Precision or Prism DScope
- Knowledge of industry standard voice comm specs (ITU, ETSI) is highly desired
- Hands-on experience using ACQUA based test setup is a plus
- Analytical skills, Decision making ability, and Attention to details
- Experience developing test automation scripts
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team as well as individual