DSP Concepts (www.dspconcepts.com) is a leading provider of audio signal processing technology for a broad range of product areas. Our technologies enable key new product features in products like voice enabled speakers and high fidelity car audio systems. Through our Audio Weaver suite of software products and our extensive library of audio signal processing algorithms, we enable our customers to quickly develop, integrate and deploy advanced audio features into new products.
DSP Concepts fosters a creative, challenging, and supportive work environment with a focus on professional growth. Teamwork, technical acumen, customer interaction and strong communication are part of the culture here.
This position is in the DSP Concepts is within the audio test team to help us mainly with testing of audio and voice technologies along with other responsibilities
This position involves interaction with different departments in the company and will include the following responsibilities
- Coordinate with test and development engineers to setup the lab
- Execute automated tests
- Maintain lab and reference design inventory
- Help create POCs, mock-ups and reference design kits, modify boards Will need to have good soldering skills
- Help build labs. Treat labs to modify acoustics under guidance from other engineers. Some handyman like work may be involved.
- Document procedures and review documentation
Beyond these responsibilities you will have the latitude to grow professionally and apply yourself in many domains. As the team and business grows, so will the responsibilities of this candidate.
This position is based in our Santa Clara, CA office and will require occasional domestic or international travel
- Bachelor’s or associate’s degree in Electrical, Electronics, Computer Science or similar fields
- At least 3-4 years experience in an audio/embedded systems/semiconductor company
- Familiarity with scripting languages like Python, Matlab would be helpful
- Should be flexible with work hours as some of the testing may have to be done outside the normal business hours
- Familiarity with audio concepts and equipment is highly desirable
- Handy with tools.. Ability to lift equipment weighing 25-30 lb
- Willingness and ability to learn quickly
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills