I have been evaluating the STM32F746 Disco Kit and Audio Weaver 6.18.1 (Running on Windows 10 Pro).
Until recently, I have been successfully installing AWE BSP binary, connecting audio weaver over USB - and building / testing schematic diagrams. In fact - I have been impressed with how smoothly this process worked. Fully explored compiling, downloading, running, tuning - all working well. That was a few weeks back.
I have returned to the the same evaluation platform - prepping for a demo and I walked through the same steps as before - but now I am running into the "Unable to create USB port" error that I see posted elsewhere on these forums.
- I am using the same USB cables as before -but I have followed advice and tried various other cables (shorter lengths etc.) - same error.
- I have tried numerous erase cycles and tried all three binary images - all three show the green LED flash - but none of them will connect over USB.
- I upgraded to the newest version of Audio Weaver - same error.
- I tried flashing a completely new / out of box STM32F746 Disco kit - same error.
- I uninstalled / reinstalled ST Link utility (at latest version) - same error
- I have tried to have Windows look for drivers ,etc - but it never seems to find the audio / HID device.
- I moved the DISCO board to another Windows machine - just to see if it might be some sort of Windows problem - still no Audio or HID device shows up.
- After flashing the board and power cycle - the green LED flashes showing success.
- However now when I plug in the board to USB - the only thing that shows up is a removable storage device - the audio device and HID device that used to show up (when it worked) do not.
- What do I need to do to get this back to a working toolchain?
Don't know if this helps - but I plugged into a Linux machine - just to capture the enumeration messages - this is what I get (and do not see HID or USB Audio device showing up)
[460904.287813] usb 1-1.3: new full-speed USB device number 36 using ehci-pci
[460904.398425] usb 1-1.3: New USB device found, idVendor=0483, idProduct=374b
[460904.398429] usb 1-1.3: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3
[460904.398432] usb 1-1.3: Product: STM32 STLink
[460904.398434] usb 1-1.3: Manufacturer: STMicroelectronics
[460904.398436] usb 1-1.3: SerialNumber: 066EFF545057717867054150
[460904.505210] usb-storage 1-1.3:1.1: USB Mass Storage device detected
[460904.505429] scsi host6: usb-storage 1-1.3:1.1
[460904.505565] usbcore: registered new interface driver usb-storage
[460904.506887] usbcore: registered new interface driver uas
[460904.532420] cdc_acm 1-1.3:1.2: ttyACM0: USB ACM device
[460904.532704] usbcore: registered new interface driver cdc_acm
[460904.532705] cdc_acm: USB Abstract Control Model driver for USB modems and ISDN adapters
[460905.532738] scsi 6:0:0:0: Direct-Access MBED microcontroller 1.0 PQ: 0 ANSI: 2
[460905.533195] sd 6:0:0:0: Attached scsi generic sg2 type 0
[460905.533939] sd 6:0:0:0: [sdb] 2120 512-byte logical blocks: (1.09 MB/1.04 MiB)
[460905.534585] sd 6:0:0:0: [sdb] Write Protect is off
[460905.534589] sd 6:0:0:0: [sdb] Mode Sense: 03 00 00 00
[460905.535309] sd 6:0:0:0: [sdb] No Caching mode page found
[460905.535314] sd 6:0:0:0: [sdb] Assuming drive cache: write through
[460905.559428] sd 6:0:0:0: [sdb] Attached SCSI removable disk