Cannot play sound

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
rtomkins
Cannot play sound

I am experiencing a problem with the STM32F407 Discovery, aka DISC1 binary.

I downloaded and correctly flashed the binary to my discover board.

My board is in fact a STM32F4 Discovery, same processor as the DISC1. The DISC1 is a newer version, with a different ST-Link interface.

1. I start audio weaver, the board in plugged in, both USB ports, I press the black button, I go to the server and do the change configuration thing to USB and the AWE audio device gets selected, I go to the designer, I start a new project, I refresh to the server, I add a volume control and a bunch of meters and then run the designer.
  2. It works, almost.
  3. All the meters indicate that the signal is moving through the chain. There is no sound.
  4. After about 15 to 30 seconds (I did not time it), the boards flashing green LED either goes solid or out, indicating the firmware has crashed.
  5. With this oddity happening every time I look through the source code.
  6. The Linker script defines the memory to be 128 K in size, yet for this processor, STM32F407VG, RAM is 192 K.
  7. I correct the linker script and then import the code into SW4STM32 and compile it. No errors.
  8. I flash this new binary into the board.
  9. When I try to change the server configuration from Native to USB, I get an error thrown saying the this board is no an ST, and I don't have a license other than ST.
  10. OK, what gives, what do I need to read in the documentation to correct the problems?
  11. What secret variables do I need to define to end up with a working binary?
sanjaybaghelaev...

My board is in fact a STM32F4 Discovery, same processor as the DISC1. The DISC1 is a newer version, with a different ST-Link interface.

thanks sir

regards: